Cannabidiol (CBD) is the much-praised, non-psychoactive ingredient that comes from the hemp plant. Unlike tetrahydrocannabinol (THC), found in marijuana, another species of the cannabis plant, this non-intoxicating ingredient has many purported health benefits. But with more ways than ever to add CBD to your health regimen, we weigh up the pros and cons of answering your questions about vaping vs. smoking CBD flower.
What is CBD Flower?
With so many ways to consume CBD, why are people choosing combustible inhalation methods as opposed to edibles and tinctures?
CBD flower is the smokable bud of the hemp plant. This means it is full-spectrum hemp. In other words, it’s not only CBD you’re getting.
You’ll also feel the benefit of lots of other lesser-known but equally beneficial cannabinoids. Often the CBD found in other products has been specifically isolated and extracted.
When you inhale CBD flower you experience something called the entourage effect. This refers to how all these compounds work in unison with each other to produce more beneficial effects. Simply put, the synergy of these compounds working together is more than the sum of their parts.
- Cannabinoids - There are over 100 useful cannabinoids, CBD and THC included. But the cannabinoids found in CBD flower that have shown the most encouraging effects are cannabigerol (CBG), cannabichromene (CBC) and cannabinol (CBN). Digestive issues, glaucoma and insomnia are just some of the issues they’ve shown improvements in.
- Terpenes - Terpenes are the compounds found in all plants including the cannabis plant that give it its aromatic smell.
- Flavonoids - All plants and crops; plants, including fruits, vegetables and grains contain flavonoids. Like any naturally derived compounds found in organic plant matter, they are thought to have many positive effects on our bodies. Including anti-inflammatory, anti-cancer, and neuroprotective properties.
Whether you choose to smoke or vape CBD flower, the one thing you’re guaranteed is getting all the benefits of the hemp plant. As inhalation brings the substance directly to the small capillaries in your lungs, it will be absorbed into your bloodstream quicker.
This means combustible inhalation is more fast-acting than ingesting CBD is. Bioavailability is the scientific term for this process.
Smoking vs. Vaping CBD Flower – Pros and Cons
It must be stated, that smoking or vaping CBD flower is not as harmful as nicotine. Full-spectrum CBD has a much safer health profile than nicotine. CBD has anti-carcinogenic and anti-oxidant properties which could be the reason for this.
Benefits of Vaping CBD Flower
- Is vaping better than smoking? Vaping is more discreet than smoking. You can vape anywhere without it producing smoke and a smell that will irritate other people.
- Health benefits of Vaping - Vaping is considered healthier. Although the long-term effects of vaping haven’t been as widely studied as smoking.
- Vaping is thought to be better for your skin and not as aging as smoke can be.
Benefits of Smoking CBD Flower
- Smoking offers a more natural, traditional alternative to vaping using weed Vaporizers or thc vape pens and CBD juices must use thinning agents; polyethylene glycol and propylene glycol as thinning agents. When they reach a combustible temperature these compounds can break down into acetaldehyde and formaldehyde which can be detrimental to your health.
- Smoking is less socially acceptable and more obtrusive. People tend to smoke much less than they vape for this reason.
- Although vaping is thought to be a healthier alternative to smoking, there hasn’t been as much long-term research done on the impacts of vaping as there has been on smoking.
Read More: Benefits of smoking & Vaping cbd.
You may be wondering if vaping is worse than smoking. But still, both have their own pros and cons. There are many reasons people are now choosing to smoke or vape CBD flowers. Vaping vs. smoking CBD Flower, both have their pros and cons. Not least the access to lots of beneficial cannabinoids working in tandem.
Additionally, inhaled CBD flowers can be much more potent and fast-acting than their edible counterparts. Whether you choose to smoke or vape CBD you should weigh up the benefits of each method and ultimately choose the one that suits your life best.
Don't Forget to Check Out Our Similar Blog: Does CBD Contain THC?